Capitol Hill Estate Sale
Address: To Be Posted June 22nd, 2018 at 6am
Friday June 22nd from 8am until 4pm
Saturday June 23rd from 9am until 4pm
Sunday June 24th from 9am until 4pm
A grand Capitol hill home with 4 stories full of antiques, fine art, silver, clocks, rugs. Some of the highlights include:
- George II period walnut chest on chest with match-booked walnut and herringbone inlay. The chest has the original bracket feet and original incised brass batwing handles and escutcheons. English Circa 1740
- Victorian recamier (chaise lounge) with turned legs. Circa 1840
- Two complementary Victorian balloon back rosewood side chairs. Circa 1850
- Chippendale-style walnut tilt-top table. American Circa 1900
- Set of 8 Chippendale-style (Philadelphia Centennial) dining chairs with carved shells and Gothic splats. American Circa 1876
- Victorian mahogany bed with book-matched mahogany veneer and paneled head and foot board. American Circa 1865
- Cherry rush-seated Queen Anne armchair. American 18th Century
- Eli Terry mantle clock with gold stencil and lion's paw feet. With early 20th century works, case is early 19th Century, Plymouth CT.
- Victorian walnut chest of drawers with Ogee drawer. English Circa 1880
- Brass double bed. American Circa 1900
- Pair of walnut spindle-back cane seated side chairs. American Circa 1865
- American slate mantle clock by Ansonia Clock Co. New Haven CT. Late 19th Century
- Small set of Val St. Lambert glassware
- Vintage papier mache and enameled tin trays
- Dry point etching signed Ture Holm (Norway 1890-1961) titled 'Turur Fra Fjallet"
- Woodblock print of a snow-laden mountain scene by Eliot O'Hara (1890-1969) titled 'First Snow'
- Dry Point etching of a beach scene by Sears Gallagher (1869-1955) titled "Heavy Surf at Monhegan"
- Dry point etching of a harbor scene by Martin Hardie (1875-1952) titled "Sunset at Heybridge Basin"
- Engraving of a church and house by Sam Green (1909-1995)
- 19th Century watercolor titled "A view of Hampstead Pond"
- English print by John Leech (1817-1864) English, titled "Don't Move There I Shall Clear You"
- 19th Century watercolor on paper of a harbor scene by Antonius Bernardus Dirckx (1878-1927)
- 17th Century engraved and hand-colored map of the Province of Brie published by W. Bleau Amsterdam 1635
- Watercolor and gouache of buoys on a beach by Fritz Fuglister (1909-1987) titled 'The Buoy Dock-Morning after the hurricane September 1934'
- Suite of 5 oil on canvas paintings of abstract cats by Barbara Smith Gilbert.
- Offset Lithograph titled "Buffalo Hunt Under the White Wolf Skin" from Catlin's North American Indian Collection published by Day & Hague Lithographers to the Queen. (20th Cent.)
- Selection of unusual 19th Century brass serving utensils
- Sterling silver gravy boat and under plate
- Vintage Movado wristwatch
- Mid 20th Century blood pressure cuff and gauge with stethoscope
- Harris & Shafer Binoculars
- Assorted crystal and mounted glass decanters
- Assorted Asian porcelains
- Singer Featherweight Catalog 3-110 Sewing Machine with case and accessories
- Assorted silver plate serving pieces
- Antique Indonesian shadow puppets.
- Pentax 12x 24UCF binoculars
- French Ivoree dresser set
- Italian hand-painted dish set
- Extension dining table with scrolling legs.
- Assorted antique pewter
- Antique tapestry-style needlepoint footstool
- Danish modern dining chairs with complementary pedestal table
- Glass punch bowl with under plate and matching cups
- Antique cobra-form brass candlesticks
- Large variety of contemporary kitchen serving pieces, small appliances and related household items
- Large Stamp Collection
- Pair of glass topped folk art Goose Tables
- Large selection of household electronics including multiple phone systems
- Holiday decorations
- Flat panel television by Toshiba
- Large selection of new and vintage frames.
- Pair of leather-strap and ebonized wood framed armchairs and matching side table
- Large selection of linens including a signed and dated 1840's woven coverlet, and other complementary woven examples.
- Assorted contemporary clothing
- Patio table and chairs
- Large office desk (perfectly sized for the 'Capitol Hill Bay Window' according to our client)
- Gabbeh Carpet
- Contemporary Tulip-style dining table and complementary chairs
- Contemporary sleeper sofa
- Whirlpool Mod. LTE5243DQB apartment sized stacked washing machine and dryer.
- Newer Memory foam Queen-size mattress and frame.
- Assorted garage tools
Terms & Conditions
NO PRESALES OR PREVIEWS.
The address will be posted at 6am on Friday June 22nd. A blank sign-up list will be posted at the property at 6am on Friday to determine the order of entry at 8am the same day.
All lists are self-managed. If there is a problem with the list we will encourage the buyers to work it out among themselves. If you are not present at the time your name is called you will lose your spot on the list.
Doors open at 8am sharp on Friday June 22nd (check listing for other days).
Cash & Credit Cards ONLY. NO CHECKS.
We do not charge any fees for credit cards.
You are responsible for loading out your purchases, bring packing materials and a strong back.
We will not have staff to assist with load outs they are needed inside the house.
No pricing is released before the sale.
Video Surveillance will be present during the sale.