Portage Bay Estate Sale
912 E. Shelby Street
Seattle, WA 98102
Friday July 20th from 8am until 4pm
Saturday July 21st from 9am until 4pm
Sunday July 22nd from 9am until 4pm
This estate is has been an adventure to set-up, every single room was overflowing with 58 years of mid-century furniture, antiques, pottery, art work, clothing, jewelry and collectibles. The family were avid collector's with a fascinating history involving Minidoka Japanese Internment camps, United States Army Air Corps, a long career as an architect and artist. This estate sale is a true trip back in time with thousands of items to search through and find your treasure. Some of the highlights include:
- Rosewood MCM Credenza
- MCM Teak sofa
- Dux teak armchairs with ottomans
- Teak Music Cabinet
- Huge selection of 19th-20th Century Imari, Kutani, Satsuma, Edo
- Silk Kimonos
- Large Selection of Japanese Lacquer ware
- Ebonized wood and glass Japanese-style coffee table
- Rosewood-tone dining table
- Assorted room-sized and smaller Persian carpets
- Large selection of West Coast and NW studio pottery
- Large chrome arched floor lamp
- Many vintage Japanese scrolls including Seeshu
- Several Mahjong sets
- J.O. Carlssons Dining Table and 6 Chairs
- 19th Century oil on canvas by Mary C. Wheeler
- Japanese folding screen
- Several Japanese plant stands
- KLH Model 20 Speakers and Record Player
- Large selection of vinyl including rock, R&B, Hip-Hop.
- Two Bronze & Cloisonne lamps
- Large collection of Beatrix Potter collectibles
- Several antique Tansu cabinets
- Large antique bottle collection
- Fly fishing gear and fly tying supplies
- Huge collection of vintage clothing
- Postage Stamp Collection
- Several Southwest and Central American carpets
- Japanese dolls
- Unusual Japanese Silk Screen Printing Kit
- Collection of Japanese snuff bottles and netsukes.
- Several vintage typewriters
- Pueblo pottery
- Large collection of costume jewelry
- Sterling Silver
- Large collection of Japanese textiles
- WWII military uniforms
- Vintage Japanese field transit.
- And so much more.
Terms & Conditions
NO PRESALES OR PREVIEWS.
The address will be posted at 6am on Friday July 20th. A blank sign-up list will be posted at the property at 6am on Friday to determine the order of entry at 8am the same day.
All lists are self-managed. If there is a problem with the list we will encourage the buyers to work it out among themselves. If you are not present at the time your name is called you will lose your spot on the list.
Doors open at 8am sharp on Friday July 20th (check listing for other days).
Cash & Credit Cards ONLY. NO CHECKS.
We do not charge any fees for credit cards.
You are responsible for loading out your purchases, bring packing materials and a strong back.
We will not have staff to assist with load outs they are needed inside the house.
No pricing is released before the sale.
Video Surveillance will be present during the sale.